1. What's the last concert you attended? - Now, (my ex-husband) may correct me on this ... but I think the last concert we attended was the KISS farewell tour in Peoria. Sounds lame, right? OMIGOD ... it was totally amazing. It was like being at a party ... with 10,000 of your closest friends. They closed with "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night" ... and these enormous cannons blew out about 20 metric TONS of confetti. Seriously, folks ... you had to be there.
2. Who is the best live performer you've ever seen? - I've seen quite a few that were impressive. Let's see ... Garth Brooks at the peak of the "Friends in Low Places" era ... INXS around the time of "Suicide Blonde" ... Aerosmith twice ... come to think of it, the Cure was really great too. Did I ever tell you guys I was at the Guns n Roses riot in St. Louis? It wasn't anywhere near the best live performance I've ever seen ... but there were people lighting fires ... hundreds of police cars. It was pretty entertaining ... better than the band.
3. You can invite two artists to your house, but they must sing together. Who are they and what one song will they sing? - That's easy ... Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr. Although technically Ringo isn't much of a singer, having the two of them together would be amazing. If I could only choose one song ... I'd ask them to play "Here There and Everywhere" ... or "Blackbird."
4. Pick one to see: ABBA, Jimmy Buffett or Kenny Chesney? - Sweet jumping Jesus on a trampoline, are you serious? Ugh ... can I choose to have a high colonic instead? Either way, it's gonna be a huge pain in my ass. I guess if I had a gun to my head, I'd choose Jimmy Buffett ... but quite frankly, I wouldn't walk out of my house to see these guys play for free in my back yard.
5. Friday Freebie: Tell us anything you want about music! - Centuries ago, only one person walked with Mozart's coffin from the church to the cemetery for its burial in an unmarked pauper's grave ... yet today Britney Spears has her own reality TV show. Life is neither fair nor just.
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
The Beatles - Blackbird