What songs would you play to match these situations?
1. At a sporting event: - Well ... keeping in mind that I hate sports ... I'd go with the typical testosterone infused crap that you normally hear in these situations. We Will Rock You or Whoomp There It Is ... what the hell ever. No matter what's coming out of the speakers, I'm still just watching the clock waiting for that final buzzer.
2. At a party/social event: - Now that depends on the type of party, doesn't it? When I was sixteen or seventeen, the typical party fare was along the lines of Hell's Bells ... then again, that tells you the type of parties I went to. Nowadays, it seems like somebody's always shoving something "safe" in the stereo like Smashmouth ... I guess as we all get older, some people just totally lose all taste in music. I, myself, don't throw parties ... but if I did, I'd play something like ... well ... actually I'd play Hell's Bells.
3. Utterly depressed: - God, this one is easy ... I have a playlist ready to go, as a matter of fact. Why by Annie Lennox ... Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House ... and My Immortal by Evanescance. Depressing as hell ... yes. But if you're in that sort of mood, it fits the bill.
4. Driving in a car: - I generally just hit shuffle on the iPod and go with it ... but when I'm picking a special track out, it's usually James Blunt's You're Beautiful these days. I'm close to crispy on this one though ... so ask again next week and the answer will probably be something completely different.
5. Feeling lustful: - Hmmm ... Van Halen's Black and Blue? You know, come to think of it ... Hell's Bells is pretty sexy ...
I've been too long, I'm glad to be back
Yes I'm let loose from the noose
That's kept me hangin' about
I been livin like a star 'cause it's gettin' me high
Forget the hearse, 'cause I never die
I got nine lives, cat's eyes
Abusing every one of them and running wild
AC/DC - Back In Black