Monday, February 05, 2007

Holy Crap ... Where Was I?

And the winner in the
"Missed The Forest For The Trees"
category ... ThirtyWhat!

I was blogging live for the love of God ... how could I not have seen this?

I don't know ... I must've reached down for my soda at some point and glossed over Prince's televised self-love. Either that or I'm so used to that sort of thing from him, it didn't even register on the scandalicious scale.

I mean, I remember the orange drape ... and even considered typing something about it ... but I guess I got distracted. It takes quite a bit to set off my "Whoa! Look at that!" sensor ... although Janet's nipple shield did manage to grab my attention. If I remember right, it went something like, "Did you see that? Did you see that?! Back that up!"

But I digress ... Prince is always going to be Prince. Common ... this is the same guy who performed in backless pants for the MTV Awards and released Darling Nikki. Granted the song wouldn't be considered that explicit nowadays ... but, trust me, my mom lost her mind at the time. In any case, nobody ever claimed he was Billy Graham.

If you're bored, check it out:


Woke up the next morning
Nikki wasnt there
I looked all over and all I found
Was a phone number on the stairs
It said thank u 4 a funky time
Call me up whenever u want 2 grind

Prince - Darling Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Wow... You and Scott Adams blogged about the same thing....

    It's almost like knowing a minor celebrity...

    ~college one

    ReplyDelete