Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Every Little Bit Helps ...


One of the most frustrating things about my experience with Dad was the roller coaster aspect of it all. I would tell people, "He's really getting better this time!" only to call 24 hours later and tell them to come say their goodbyes.

So, with that in mind ... I have good news. My uncle is improving. I went up to see him after work last night and he looked a world better. They were able to pull quite a bit of fluid off him ... plus they got the ventilator out and he's breathing on his own again. It's a small step ... but every little bit helps.

He's not out of the woods ... in fact, I'd say he's still ass deep in saplings at this point. There was a massive amount of damage done to his heart and he's very, very weak ... but ... he's alive.

Baby steps, folks ... baby steps.

Is something wrong, she said
Well of course there is
You're still alive, she said

Pearl Jam - Alive

1 comment: