Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Other "F Word" ...


Okay ... so, I was born in November of 1969. Which means I have six more months before the name of my blog becomes ... inaccurate.

I have been posting under the name ThirtyWhat since November of 2004. And, while I don't have a "following", I don't relish the thought of changing my name to ... sigh ... the next logical naming pattern. And then there's the whole issue of e-mail addresses and twitter accounts. When you think about it, there's a lot of virtual paperwork involved in altering a virtual identity.

And so ... the clock ticks by ... each tick bringing me another moment closer to the other "F" word. I think the only solution is to stay ThirtyWhat. As misleading at that may be, it seems like the easiest course.

But thinking ahead ... even if it's a long shot that I would still be blogging eleven years years from now, it would be odd to be calling myself ThirtyWhat as I apply for my AARP card ...


It was nineteen eighty-somethin'
In the world that I grew up in
Skating rinks and black Trans-Am's
Big hair and parachute pants
Lookin' back now I can see me
Oh man, did I look cheesy
I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'
Oh it was nineteen eighty-somethin'

Mark Wills - 19 Something