Friday, September 02, 2011

Closing Time ...


Ugh ... it's happening again ... that withdrawing feeling. I could write about Wilfred or the upcoming holiday or this weekend's Ethnic Festival. But really? I don't care.

What I want is peace and quiet. I want to make me a fresh lemonade shakeup ... I want to watch the True Bloods I've been missing ... and a movie or two ... I want to avoid the 100 degree heat ... and because it's family, I'll make a point of spending a little time with my brother who will be spending 24 hours here before making the 8 hour drive back home (yeah, I know ... don't ask) ...

It's not much to ask for ... a lil' break in the monotony before going back to work next Tuesday. And maybe my batteries will feel recharged and I'll feel like taking on the world again ...



Bus boy, bartender, ladies of the night
Grease monkey, ex-junky, winner of the fight
Walking on the streets its really all the same
Selling souls, rock n' roll, any other game
Workin' for a livin' (workin')
Workin' for a livin' (workin')
Workin' for a livin', livin' and workin'
I'm taking what they giving 'cause I'm working for a livin'

Huey Lewis and the News - Workin' For A Livin'