Friday, December 28, 2012

Easy Peasy Rice and Cheesy ...

So, my friends and I are planning a birthday party tonight ...

I can't remember the last time I actually planned a birthday party.  Wait ... yes ... I can.  Let's revise that sentence ... I can't remember the last time I actually planned a birthday party with no stress.  No one is demanding specific presents.  No one is demanding I tell other people what to bring ... or what to do ... or what to say. 

This time it's actually ... fun.   My friends and I have planned a nice evening ... a birthday party/game night ... very casual.   No no no ... no shots of Jager or strippers ... not this year at least.  Despite the fact we saw Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson back in October, our group is very laid-back.

I already picked up the cake which is amazing.   If you need a cake for a special occasion, go to Schnucks on Sangamon.  I paid twice as much for the last cake I ordered from a specialty shop ... and this one is three times as nice.

So, after work I have to get the oil in the car changed ... and then I'm going home to try and make myself look presentable.   That's about as stressful as it gets.   I wish every birthday was this easy ...

Hope I didn't spoil your birthday
I'm not acting like a lady
So I'll close this note to you
With good luck and wishes too
Happy happy birthday baby

Dale and Grace - Happy Birthday Baby