Monday, January 28, 2013

She's Just a Wee Thing ...

 
So, I wrote a post today ... a rather long, rambling story about some stuff that happened last year ... but I wasn't quite ready to share it.  I've been editing it all day ... a few words here ... a few words there ... but it just didn't feel right.   So, I was prepared to get on here and share a link to something stupid ... just to say I posted something.  Until I saw this ...
 
Jezebel ... the sister site of Gawker, who you all know I'm addicted to ... posted a story called Why Are People Still Hung Up on Height in Relationships?  And just like like that, I had a topic ...
 
Why are people still hung up on height in relationships?  Hah!  That's a hoot.  I didn't even realize height was a "thing" until recently ...
 
In the interest of full disclosure ... I ... am 5'2" tall ... when I'm standing up straight.   Yes, I realize that's painfully short ... and yes, I realize that's only two inches above the cut-off for "little person" status.  I know how short 5'2" is ... and to put it in perspective for those who don't ... I owned a little red Miata awhile back, which was roughly the size of a Matchbox car ... and I still had to scoot the seat up to reach the pedals.  Seriously.
 
But other than owning a step stool to reach shelves in my kitchen and pantry, height was never really a "thing" to me.  I stopped growing in like 4th grade ... being short was my destiny.  Cest' la vie.   I've worked in the same office for 20 years ... and no one ever has ever seen me coming ... because unless I wear heels, my head doesn't come up to the top of  the cubicle walls.  Hey ... it's like being a ninja every day!  Ya gotta make lemonade, people ...
 
I usually didn't date taller guys ... maybe one or two.   Okay, let's be brutally honest ... I thought I dated a couple tall guys ... I was very wrong ... I hadn't.  Want to know how you know you're dating someone tall?   You find that you're sincerely worried about their comfort level when they lean down to kiss you ... because without heels you're only slightly taller than a yard gnome.
 
I don't really talk to a lot of people about my personal life ... but I find that when I do ... I generally get two reactions.  The women I've talked to almost universally say,  "Awwwwwww ..."  as if the idea of me with someone that much taller is just the most adorable fucking thing since teacup poodles.  On the other side of the coin is my cousin, who stands at 6'4" ... who, when I first told him, just stared at me for a moment ... and then laughed until he cried.   Between his belly laughs, I believe he said something like, "I can't wait to see this." 

Smart ass.  Did I laugh at his proclivity for dating strippers?  Um, yeah.  I guess I did ... never mind ... I probably have this coming ...

Shawty had them apple bottom jeans
Boots with the fur
The whole club was looking at her
She hit the floor
Next thing you know
Shawty got low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low
 
Flo Rida - Low