Saturday, June 22, 2013

Friday Five: Scattergories Part 3

Last night, was phenomenal. Holy crap. When we're having a good night, my trivia team is one to be reckoned with.  And last night we were having a really good night.

We were in first place for the last three rounds or so of the evening. Then on round ten, we tied with another really talented team. The hosts gave us a five-question lightening round tie-breaker ... about four or five times. EVERY lightening round, we would tie. We might miss number two ... they might miss number four ... but we kept tying. It was exciting and intense.

Stoney is our go-to guy whenever it comes to these type of things. It's not just that he can think of answers ... but that he can think of answers quick.  In the end, we came in second ... but damn ... it was an honorable way to get there. The other team was good ... Stoney was incredible as hell ... and it really was a great night.

The Friday 5

1.  What random letter was generated by the online random-letter generator? (this doesn’t really count as one of your five questions) - S

2.  What geographical location, whose name begins with the letter, would you most like to visit someday? - San Francisco ... I've always wanted to see the Golden Gate Bridge.  It sounds so beautiful.  Plus I've felt the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico on my feet ... the Pacific Ocean has to be next!

3.  What’s a yummy dessert whose name begins with the letter? - Sopapilla Cheesecake!  Kidding ... I'm partial to that because I make it and it's easy.  Okay ... seriously?  Strawberry shortcake.  The last time I made it was for dinner one night at Stoney's and it was a little disappointing.  I tried ... I made homemade whipped cream and everything ... but the strawberries weren't quite in season yet so they weren't as sweet and juicy as they are mid-summer.  It might be time to try it again ...

4.  What’s an annoying or unpleasant task whose name begins with the letter? - Standing in line ... isn't that the worst?  Waiting for a table at a restaurant or waiting to get into a movie ... it's frustrating when you know something really good is coming, but you have to stand there and wait.

5.  What implement, whose name begins with the letter, would be good to take on a camping trip? - Oh, lord ... I'm not much of an "outdoorsy" type of girl.  I don't like being hot ... or bugs ... or sleeping on anything that isn't a bed.  So ... shotgun?  Cause seriously ... I'm not putting up with any furry bullshit.  I'm talking to you, bears ...

6.  Which of your body parts, whose name begins with the letter, needs some attention or maintenance? - Oh, if only my letter were "E" so I could say everything.  Ooooooh ... let's pick shoulders!  Stoney rubbed my shoulders the other day and I swear to God, if he promised to do that on a regular basis I would totally turn into one of those "Let me get you your pipe and slippers, dear ..." chicks.  I would set feminism back 50 years easily to have my shoulders rubbed like that.  Sweet baby Jesus ...

If you wanna be with me
Baby there's a price to pay
I'm a genie in a bottle
You gotta rub me the right way

Christina Aguilera

No comments:

Post a Comment