Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Forgotten Sunday Post ...


Wow!  I am not right in the head.  Have you ever had one of those moments where you swear you did something ... but you didn't? 

I watched True Blood and Mad Men tonight ... (Whoa, was that a finale or what?!) ... took a shower and then crawled my cupcake-smelling self into bed.  I was laying here thinking about everything that happened today ... shopping and pizza and everything.  And I had the random thought, "What did I post about today?'

I then laid here for five minutes debating to myself back and forth.  What did I post?  I remember posting something.  Did I?  I did ... I know I did.  Then what was it?  Shit ... um ... I have no idea.  Did I hit my head at some point today?

After being in bed and having this conversation with myself for about ten minutes, I turned the light back on, got out my laptop, and looked ... nope.  No post.  The hell?  I could've sworn that I wrote something today.  Sigh ... poop.

What did I do today?  I went shopping.  I bought a scrapbook and some paper and jewelry and sandals and perfume and a infuser pitcher.   I picked up some pizza and hung out with Stoney.  We watched Wedding Crashers ... excellent movie, by the way.  We talked for a couple hours ... laughed about his poor taste in Van Halen incarnations and debated the worth of MacArthur Park versus Up All Night ... a couple of United Nations delegates, we are.  I went home ... and now we've circled back around to True Blood, Mad Men, and my cupcake-scented shower. 

Why am I telling you about this (... as far as public consumption is concerned) uninspired Sunday?  Because if today's blog amnesia is any sign, 24 hours from now, I'll have forgotten what I've done today ... and I'll be able to come back here and read about it!  This is a real-life Memento over here, folks.

It was a good, good day ... a very good day.  A beautiful, rainy, thundery day.  Another box checked off ... and now it's time to turn the light back off and call it a day.

Hate stumbles forward and leans in the door.
Weary head hung, eyes to the floor.
He says "Love, I'm sorry", and she says, "What for?
I'm yours and that's it, Whatever.
I should not have been gone for so long.
I'm yours and that's it, forever."

The Avett Brothers - The Ballad of Love and Hate


Note:  Have you heard this song?  If not, stop what you're
doing and listen to this.  I ... the chick who listens to
Rob Zombie and Disturbed ... turns into a puddle
of goo every time I hear it.  Go ... now!

No comments:

Post a Comment