Thursday, August 01, 2013

Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due ...

Earlier tonight, I sat at my laptop ... trying to think of something to write.  I would close it for awhile ... watch a little television ... and come back ... only to find I didn't have any more words than I had when I'd started.  I wrote a paragraph about being tired ... another paragraph about frustrations at work.  But it wasn't fun to write ... and I knew it sure as hell wouldn't be fun to read.

Stoney texted me a little after eight to see how I was doing ... and I casually mentioned that I was out of words.  He offered to provide some ... and I happily agreed ... thinking he would start listing topics.   Instead, he started sending me random, single words.  The conversation looked a little like this:


While laughing at his vocabulary offerings, I asked if he smelled burning tires or bananas ... because seeing the random, haphazard words, I thought there was a pretty good chance he had either pulled out a dictionary ... or was have a grand mal stroke.  At that point, he launched into the chorus of MacArthur Park and it hit me ... he was giving me a blog post!  I just had to compile it!

So I made a mad-lib-esque post ... connecting words between judicious, execution-style, motherly, monkeyshines, bumpkin, sleigh, mosaic, cornucopia, and shenanigans ... and finishing it by wrapping up with his favorite Richard Harris song.  Boom!  Post completed!

Tonight is special!  Tonight marks the auspicious occasion ... of my first co-written post! 

Take a bow, Stoney ... ThirtyWhat Mad Libs Vol. 1, baby ... it's all about you!

Did you ever know that you're my hero
And everything I would like to be
I can fly higher than an eagle
Cause you are the wind beneath my wings

Bette Midler - Wind Beneath my Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment