Monday, August 05, 2013

The Brake Pedal Is On Your Left ...


I love my friends.  I really do.   But sometime I really want to say, "What in the hell are you possibly thinking?"

My best friend has been gone less than six weeks ... and her husband texted me tonight asking if I thought he should join e-Harmony.

Sigh ... really?


I told him he needed to take a deep breath ... and relax.  I told him she hadn't been gone that long ... and that he would find someone.  But in the meantime ... just ... slow ... down.

He admitted that he wasn't being patient ... that it was his downfall.  You know what his other downfall is?  Telling people what he thinks they want to hear.  Because I'm pretty sure he's filling out an e-Harmony profile as I write this.

Heaven help us all ...

Slow down, you move too fast
You've got to make the morning last
Just kickin' down the cobble-stones
Lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy

Simon & Garfunkel - Feelin' Groovy

No comments:

Post a Comment