Saturday, September 07, 2013

Wiggle It Just a Little Bit ...

Well ... hell.   It's not even five o'clock and I'm going to call this day a wash.  Hell, let's call this weekend a wash while we're at it. 

Today's misadventure started out with the decision to make chicken wings for lunch.

Let me admit right up front that I have a "thing" for chicken wings.  I prefer to make them myself ... I toss them in olive oil, sprinkle them with seasoned garlic salt, bake them until they're crisp, and then toss them with garlic Parmesan sauce.  Mmmmm ...

Anyhow ... today I forgot to take the bottle of sauce out of the fridge.  I decided the last twenty minutes or so, I'd just set the bottle on top of the stove by the vent and let the sauce warm while the wings finished.  When my timer went off, I immediately noticed the bottom of the bottle was bowed.   I just thought the plastic bottle had gotten a bit too hot and set it aside.  I took out the wings ... put them in a paper bag ... grabbed the bottle to pour the sauce ... and when I twisted the cap ... POP!

The bottle exploded.  I don't mean it spilled.  I mean it exploded.   There was garlic sauce all over my shirt ... on my arms ... in my hair ... on the counter ... on the stove ... on the mini-blinds ... on the microwave ... there were polka-dot splotches of garlic sauce on everything.

Thirty minutes later ... after the kitchen was cleaned up and lunch was over ... I decided to take my temperature.  I'd felt bad all day ... for the last day or so, in fact.  Last Wednesday when I was at Stoney's, my right ear tickled and there was no amount of wiggling that would make it stop.  Sure enough ... my temperature was 100.5.   I drove down to Prompt Care and waited over an hour to find out that my glands are swollen ... I have fluid in both ears ... and the right ear is infected.  They just called to tell me the quick test for strep throat came back negative ... so small blessings I suppose.

The doctor said to take it easy ... so that's my plan.  I have a big bottle of cold water ... I'm crawling back under my comforter ... and calling it a day ...

Doctor Doctor, gimme the news I got a
Bad case of lovin' you
No pill's gonna cure my ill I've got a
Bad case of lovin' you

Robert Palmer -
Bad Case of Lovin' You

No comments:

Post a Comment