Sunday, March 23, 2014

Random Thought On a Sunday ...


I was raised Roman Catholic ... so we don't believe in reincarnation.  Of course we also don't believe in birth control ... and I decided that dogma was a load of horse shit moments after I first heard the word episiotomy.

No ... years of catechism aside, I'd like to believe there is such a thing as reincarnation.  There's so much to do in this world ... how could anyone do it all in one lifetime?   Even if you spent every hour working and studying and traveling ... you couldn't experience everything.

I love my life.  I believe each day is a gift.  But it's wonderful to think that maybe in my next life I could be a chef who creates mouth-watering sauces and desserts and meals ... or maybe an author who writes books that are loved the world over ... or a seamstress who was so talented she could sew a wedding dress ... or a photographer who travels the world taking beautiful pictures.

It comforts me to think I could do all those things ... or maybe I have done those things.   Maybe I've been a musician?  Maybe I've been a pilot and seen the world from above the clouds?   Isn't it comforting to think that the ones we've lost are still with us somewhere on this Earth ... beginning a brand new adventure?  Running and laughing and playing?

Who knows ... maybe in one of my next lives, I'll get to be someone who understands math.  That would be a refreshing change of pace ...

Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'Cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are

Cat Stevens -
If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out

No comments:

Post a Comment