Saturday, May 24, 2014

Four More Months ... Just Four More Months ...


Hate is a strong word.   Even so, I feel confident telling you that there are two things I hate most in this world.  Summer ... and being outside.

It's that time of year ... the time of year when people sit around gushing about how wonderful it is outside and how they love the warm weather.  No.  You're mistaken.  This isn't warm weather.  It's hot.  It's hot as Satan's ball sack out there.   And it is only May.   If it's this hot in May, what happens in August?  Do we just spontaneously combust when we step outside? 

And speaking of stepping outside ... could we not?  Is there a way we could build hamster habitrails around the city so I could go from my house to work without ever stepping "outside?"  Seriously ... I have allergies ... so between the pollen and the heat and the bugs ... anything that isn't twelve inches from an air conditioning vent might as well be west central hell.

I like sitting out on Stoney's deck when he's grillling.   That ... and that alone ... is how I like to experience the great outdoors.  I like putting my feet up on the rungs of the patio furniture and smelling dinner cooking ... but that's it.  That controlled environment is as close to "roughing it" as I'm ever gonna get.

Idiot's Anonymous came over to pick up my grill this morning ... and it was awesome seeing her.  I almost asked her if she'd run somewhere to grab lunch with me ... but I'm way behind the curve and still have more to organize and another load of laundry to run.   We cleaned off the grill ... fought a stray wasp who was conflicted on the whole fight or flight thing ... and loaded it into Miniature Moose's convertible.  Hopefully they'll have hotdogs on the grill for Memorial Day and all will be right with the world.

Meanwhile ... I'm gonna go put the last load of wash into the dryer ... and wait patiently for fall.  God, I miss snow ...


Let it go, let it go!
Can't hold it back any more.
Let it go, let it go!
Turn away and slam the door.
I don't care what they're going to say.
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway.

Frozen - Let It Go

No comments:

Post a Comment