Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Too Much ...


So, I have a date for my sleep study.   It isn't until mid-July ... which is such a depressingly long ways off.   I suppose if I've been tired this long, what's another two months, though ...

I'm worn out and worn thin tonight.   My teammate had to attend three separate meetings this afternoon.  Which meant I was on my own from about 1:30 on.  This is such poor planning by management that it isn't even funny.   When you have an entire department working on a project, one person doesn't matter.  On the other hand, if you have a two person team and you put one of those people in an afternoon-long meeting, you're losing 50% of your workforce.

I was stressed and irritated.  Even more irritated when my teammate came back from his meetings ... only to discuss football for a good fifteen or twenty minutes.  Meanwhile, rush orders are backing up ... and I can only do so much.

I had a lot of fun things to talk about tonight ... like my reasoning for my over-use of ellipses for example ... or a list of movies I was working on ... but I can't.   I just can't.  Maybe tomorrow ...

Everything's gonna be alright
Rockabye, rockabye
Everything's gonna be alright
Rockabye, rockabye, rockabye

Shawn Mullins - Lullaby Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment