Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Frustrations and Cravings ...


I want to put this in perspective for you.   Let's say this conversation happened:

How does nuclear fission work?
I don't know. I will have to Google it later tonight and find out.
But how does it work?
I don't know.  I'll Google it later and find out.
Do you think it's alien technology?
Um, no ... but I'll Google it later and find out.
Do you think it's magic?
No.  It's not magic.  But I'll research it later and find out.
Well I don't know ... I'm just guessing.
I don't know either.  I told you ... I have to Google it.
Well ... fine.

SIGH

While I might not know the ins and outs of nuclear fission, I know it doesn't involve aliens or magic.  Likewise, I didn't know the answer to someone's question, so I was honest and said, "I don't know ... but I'll Google it and find out."  That is your answer.  There's no sense in discussing and debating ... might it be this?  Might it be that?  Because ... I  ... do ... not ... know.

Sure enough ... I Googled it ... and found the answer.  I found out how to force a certain install and fix a certain error.  I'm sorry.  I couldn't research it at work today.  I was stupid busy ... and I had to have my home owner's insurance moved by midnight tonight.  I was a little overwhelmed ... again, I'm sorry.

I know this person is frustrated with me ... and I'm genuinely sorry.   I'll fix it tomorrow ... or try.  I have a sleep study tomorrow night ... but I'll add this to my plate.

Sigh.  I need a nap.

... and a piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment