Thursday, February 08, 2018

Just One Of Those Days ...


You ever have one of those days?  Just ... ugh ... one of those days?

I shouldn't complain because I am blessed beyond belief and anything I complain about can be waived away by a mumbled #FirstWorldProblems.  But still ... a gnat may just be a gnat but it's still an irritating little fuck, right?

I usually wake up groggy but I always come to as Stoney and I watch the morning news and cuddle.  Not this morning.  This morning I could not wake up.  I struggled to swim to the surface and yet the undertow just kept pulling me back down. 

I finally got up to get ready for work ... running extremely late since my ass was permanently attached to the mattress.  And weighed myself to find I'd gained a pound.  The fuck?   I didn't eat anything more or less than the day before.  It's not like I was expecting to have lost anything ... but a pound?  Ugh ... fuck that noise.

I continued hurrying ... throwing on clothes and running out the door ... when the garage wouldn't close.  It would roll down 1/3rd of the way and stop.  It would roll down 1/4th of the way and then stop.  I finally walked back up to the garage and found one of the sensors just slightly askew.  I fixed while my hands were shaking in the cold ... and finally it closed.  Ugh.


Then came work and our weekly team meeting that is, as usual, torture to sit through.  There's nothing wrong with my employers or co-workers ... but they've grouped my small team together with another team.   So each week I sit there for sixty minutes listening to another team debating minutia that doesn't remotely affect me.

I know.  I know.  I'm just cranky.   Overall ... I'm just tired and cranky.    I want to go take a hot shower, put on some fresh cuddle duds, and relax with Stoney.   It's not like anything catastrophic has happened ... but I'm ready for this day to be over.

Oh and hey ... did I mention every moment this weekend from Friday night through Sunday will once again be filled with "to do" items instead of just having one goddamn day to unwind???

I know ... I know.  Dial it back, ThirtyWhat.  Extra pound or not, I need some emergency chocolate.   This is what emergency chocolate was designed for.

Its just one of those days
Where you don't want to wake up
Everything is fucked
Everybody sucks
You don't really know why
But you want to justify
Rippin' someone's head off
No human contact
And if you interact
Your life is on contract
Your best bet is to stay away motherfucker
It's just one of those days

Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff

1 comment:

  1. Cuddle Duds are a freaking GIFT from heaven. Go have that chocolate.

    ReplyDelete