Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas - 2018


Merry Christmas!.

So ... no blog posts since April.   Is ThirtyWhat dead?   Has she moved?   WHERE IS THIRTYWHAT?!

I have no shocking drama or revelations .. the reason for my absence is so oddly bureaucratic that it's embarrassing.

I used to eat at my desk everyday ... and during my hour lunch, I would either respond to e-mails, read Jezebel, or write a blog post.  This was my daily routine until earlier this year.

Hmmm ... I'd guess until right around April? 

My employer came out with a new building-wide decree.   No one was allowed to eat "meals" at their desk.   Now, mind you ... the definition of the word "meals" did not include chips or cookies or snacks ... but it did include anything eaten during your lunch hour and anything that involved holding cutlery.

Well, I was lost.  The laptop I bought in 2012 was just slogging along, holding onto life by virtual fingertips ... so that wasn't really an option.   I tried using my iPad and that was a utter failure.   So, like the rest of my co-workers, I resolved to spending each lunch hour sitting in my car, eating greasy fast food, and reading click bait on my phone.

And then it happened ... a Christmas miracle ... brought to you (but mostly me!) ... by Santa Stoney!

This morning, after we opened our gifts, Stoney said, "Hey, isn't there another gift back there behind the tree?"  And, like Ralphie, I peeked behind the tree and found a special, hidden present!

Stoney got me a new laptop ... and I've spent the day happily setting it up ... tapping away on the keyboard ... creating folders ... and finally ... writing a blog post!

Thank you so much, honey!   I don't even have words to tell you how much I appreciate all my gifts!

Also, thank you to the girls for coming over Sunday night ... I promise I will make macarons and homemade biscuits and try to make the most beautiful cupcakes with everything you all gave me.   I'm not sure if I have the talent to make anything awesome ... but I promise to give it a hell of a try!

Much, much more to come ... after all, you haven't even heard about the newest member of our family ... a Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy who fills our hearts with love and joy ... and clothes with socks with dog hair!

So a Merry Christmas to one and all ... and all the extra love in the world to Stoney who made this blog post possible.  

Bah Humbug, now that's too strong!
'Cause it is my favorite holiday
But all this year's been a busy blur
Don't think I have the energy
To add to my already mad rush
Just 'cause it's 'tis the season
The perfect gift for me would be
Completions and connections left from last year
Ski shop encounter most interesting
Had his number but never the time
Most of '81 passed along those lines

Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses

No comments:

Post a Comment