Monday, December 20, 2004

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas ...


Okay ... so I just went back and read some of my posts and I realize that you people must think that either a) I simply must live a horrible life or that b) I'm an enormous whiner. Neither of those things are true ... okay ... I'm a little bit of a whiner ... but I think I've misrepresented my life.

The problem is that there are certain details that I don't want to share. Considering what happened to Bobby Jo Stinnett recently, I think it's understandable that I don't want to post my name or a real picture of myself. Likewise, I don't think it's smart to post information about my family members.

But having explained my vagueness in advance, Christmas is almost here.  I have a warm home, a working vehicle, food in my fridge and family who love me. That's more than some people have ... and I really am thankful.

We're like everyone else though ... life has it's ups and our downs ... and we help each other through the rough spots. For example, this weekend someone close to me had their feelings terribly hurt ... and, without going into details, I really wanted to call them up and just lay into them. After all, when someone I care about hurts I hurt ... and frankly, when I hurt I get pissed.

But it's Christmas ... and like I said in my last post, it's the time for stress and tension. I don't know why people seem to go out of their way to be hurtful during the holidays. In any case, we've decided to let this one go ... and we will have a merry Christmas ... no matter WHAT anyone else has.

Welcome Christmas,
while we stand,
heart to heart and hand in hand.
- Dr. Seuss