Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Call out Gouranga be happy ...


Call out Gouranga be happy!!!
Gouranga Gouranga Gouranga ....
That which brings the highest happiness!!

Okay ... so this is the fourth e-mail I've received in the past week that tells me that if I call out "Gouranga Gouranga Gouranga" I'll receive the highest happiness. I've done a little research and have found that there are two explanations for this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Gouranga (go-ran-gah) - A word used by
Hare Krishna monks meaning "Be Happy"

or

2. Gouranga (go-ran-gah) - A feeling of happiness stemming
from running down an entire column of Hare Krishnas
in your car, as first invented in Grand Theft Auto.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Ahhhhh ... alright. I got it. No, I mean literally, I've got GTA. I got the Grand Theft Auto box set last Christmas. Not to complain, but I haven't seen a single orange robe let alone an entire column of them.

Furthermore, I don't know what PlayStation or GTA has to do with somebody called "NeatEye" who keeps sending me the little Krishna chant above. In digging around the net, I've read posts of some pretty pissed off people who consider it spam and want it stopped ... but ...

Frankly ... if it reminds me to be happy, in a world that would prefer I remained tense and stressed-out ... then it can't be all bad, right? I mean, let's be realistic. I'm not about to shave my head and take up residence in the nearest airline terminal but what's so wrong about a quiet, anonymous reminder to just ... be ... happy?

I know ... I was pretty pissed off and edgy yesterday, huh? Well ... I did exactly what I planned. I went home, took a relatively hot shower, broke out the Cheetos Cheesy Puffs (oh, what wonderful comfort food) and watched bad, bad television. I was asleep by 9:30 ... and I tell you, I'm a whole new person today.

Okay, I'm not entirely convinced that gremlin is off the plane wing ... but let's just say I shut the window shade for the time being. If he's out there ripping out the wiring and doom is eminent, I'm better off not knowing. Everybody needs a break from stress now and then, don't cha think?

So ... on that note ...

Call out Gouranga be happy!!!
Gouranga Gouranga Gouranga ....
That which brings the highest happiness!!

Now, go out there, take a hot shower, get yourself some Cheetos, an icy Coke, and watch Celebrity Fit Club on VH1. Sure, it won't solve the world's problems ... hell, it won't even solve your problems ... but it's a nice break in the game.