Thursday, February 03, 2005

Thank God it wasn't a head wound ...


You are gonna love this one! Remember back in December when I was ranting about kidney issues and strawberry margaritas?

Today, I received an urgent message to contact my doctor's nurse. Once I got ahold of her, she said that I need to come in at my earliest convenience. They're concerned because recent labwork showed blood in my urine and they'll need another sample. I was understandably confused. "What labwork?" I asked. "Um," she said as papers rattled in the background, "From your follow-up on January 15th."

Wait. You mean my "two-week" follow up? The one I never gave a second thought to because no one called ... so I assumed it was fine??? They're just now getting lab results from a sample I gave them three weeks ago???

It gets better. The nurse explained that if I had just called to request the results, they would've asked for them. But since I hadn't, they just now got around to looking at them. What the fuck?! Thank God I wasn't in any pain, huh?

So now ... now ... three weeks later ... I have to run over and give them yet another sample because they're concerned. No shit ... really? I bet they are concerned considering they've had two samples with blood and it's taken them three weeks to read the results.

The pissy thing is that I've been tired and achy this whole time ... but I assumed it was just a bug ... or I wasn't eating right ... or it was my cycle ... hell, you know how it is. But now ...

I'm supposed to go in anytime between now and next Friday and let them do another test. And she assured me that they'd call back ASAP and give me the results ... riiiiiiiight.

Okay, let's see how long it takes this time ...

Doctor, my eyes have seen the years
And the slow parade of fears without crying
Now I want to understand
I have done all that I could
To see the evil and the good without hiding
You must help me if you can

Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment