Friday, February 25, 2005

Two Two Two Memes in One!



Strike A Pose

1. Do you own a camera? Describe it: - Yes, we own a Fuji FinePix digital camera ... the best $200 we've ever spent, IMHO.

2. Do you prefer digital or film? - OMIGOD ... digital, of course. Who the hell wants to deal with film anymore? Can I please pay $8 to have a roll of 24 pictures developed, out of which: two will be of my thumb, two will show only torsos with no heads, six will be out of focus, four will be of my dogs walking away, two will be of the ground, six will show people blinking, and two ... only two will be usable in any way shape or form. Um, thanks but no thanks ... I'll stick with digital.

3. When is the last time you posed for a picture? - Four days ago ... on Monday after my Grandmother's funeral at the restaurant. I brought my digital camera and had all four kids stand together ... then all four kids and their spouses ... and finally all seven of the grandkids. This will be the only time in recorded history that our family will actually be captured on film together ... so anyone who looks closely at the pictures will notice the slight smirk of sarcasm on my face ... as they asked us to smile and pose as though we were the freakin Waltons. Just wait ... centuries from now, people will see these photos and mistake us for a functional family unit.

4. Tell us about your favorite photograph: - I have so many ... it'd be hard to pick just one. There's a couple that I really treasure. There's one of the three girls ... taken long before I came into the picture. They're just toddlers really ... and they're all in little "Cubs" onsies. It's a great picture. Plus there's one of me at the Hoover Dam on my second trip out to Vegas ... it's a keeper too. :)

5. Use the flash or flash the camera? - Aw, common ... I'm thirtysomething! By my age, everybody's walked on the wild side ... and most are finished sowing those oats. But ... on the other hand ... you gotta love digital cameras, huh?

Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day
Oh yeah
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away

Paul Simon - Kodachrome


1.) If you were in a band (you know, a successful one...), and you HAD to remake an old song, what band/song would you choose and why? - A John Lennon song ... almost any John Lennon song would do. Um ... Watching the Wheels ... Instant Karma ... definately Across the Universe.

2.) If you were a Make-a-Wish child, what would you wish for (and why)? - I'm ashamed to admit ... I'd ask to go to Disneyland. Why? Why does anyone want to go to Disneyland? It's every kid's childhood dream come true. I've never been ... and I really hope I get to go someday. I don't even really like to ride rides ... but I want to have my picture taken with Pooh.

3.) If you had the chance to learn when you were going to die, would you take it? Would you tell anyone if you knew (either your date of death or theirs)? - Wow ... morbid much? Yes, if given the choice, I'd take it. Have you ever seen Big Fish with Ewan McGreggor? What a wonderful thing it would be to have the freedom to live the life you really wanted to live ... and know exactly how much time you have left. You'd be able to do everything you wanted to do before you passed away. But, I don't think I'd give that kind of information out to anyone ... unless it's what they really wanted. I don't imagine most people reacting positively to it.

4.) If you couldn't die until you helped someone, would you rather live forever selfishly or die earlier? - Well, now come on! If by "help someone" you meant "mow their grass", then they'd be living in a prairie grassland bird sanctuary before I "helped" them. If you mean, "would I pull a child out of a burning building?" Then yes, I'd help ... because I couldn't live with myself otherwise.

5.) If there's any goal you haven't accomplished yet, what is it and what is stopping you? - The only goal that I can't seem to accomplish is regarding my weight. I guess I don't have the will power or drive to do what's necessary ... and it's frustrating and disappointing. It's the only thing in my life that makes me feel like a total failure ... but I'm trying to live with it.

Images of broken light
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on
Across the universe.
Thoughts meander
Like a restless wind inside a letter box,
They tumble blindly as they make their way
Across the universe

John Lennon - Across The Universe