Thursday, February 24, 2005

The Thursday Threesome ...


This week's Daily Meme is from "The Thursday Threesome on the Back Porch" ...

Sweet Potato Queens' Field Guide to Men

Onesome: Sweet Potato -- Sweet potatoes always remind me of Thanksgiving which brings me to food ... What is your all time favorite holiday food that you wish you'd get a chance to eat at other times?

Well, I suppose it would be turkey. You know how on Thanksgiving, your entire house smells so wonderful ... then you get the bird out of the oven and onto the table and it tastes just like coming home? I mean, sure ... you can get turkey from the deli any day of the week ... but it doesn't taste like holiday turkey!

Twosome: Queens'-- do you follow what Prince Charles and others are up to? What do you think about the Queen not going to the wedding?

Much to my (ex-husband)'s frustration, yes. I love reading all that royal gossip. I assume it's because it makes me feel better to know that people who are supposed to be at the top of the "social food chain" deal with the same issues as you or I. From the outside, it looks like the Queen is trying to distance herself from this train wreck of a wedding ... but then again, these are people we don't know at all. So who knows what her motivations really are.

I can tell you that my initial reaction to hearing of their engagement was disgust. Here are two people who have made everyone's lives miserable just so they could fuck. They destroyed a family ... and managed to humiliate everyone in the monarchy in the process.

On the other hand, someone pointed out to me that there might be another side to the story ... that maybe it's the tale of two lovers who've always wanted more than anything to be together ... but the "world" and their "responsibilities" kept them apart.

Well, okay ... that may be true ... but if it is, maybe he should've married the person he loved instead of bringing an innocent person into the situation thereby causing years of heartache and frustration.

If the first scenario is true, then Charles is a total dickhead ... and if the second scenario is true, he's a spineless puppet. In either case, I think the Queen should look into the future and consider Prince William as the heir ... because it seems to me that Charles doesn't have the respect of the people.

Threesome: Field Guide to Men-- when it comes to the opposite sex, do you feel you have a grasp on 'em - or do they continue to just surprise you?

For years after my first serious relationship, I didn't trust men as far as I could throw them. I didn't believe in love and I certainly didn't believe in marriage. For over five years, I went through life having flings ... never really letting anyone in because I didn't want to be hurt again.

Then I met (my ex-husband) and I decided to give it another chance.  Does he surprise me?  Yes ... but I guess that's inevitable ...


I have never let anything have this much control over me
I've worked too hard to call my life my own
And I've made myself a world and it's worked so perfectly
But it's your world now, I can't refuse
I've never had so much to lose

Billy Joel - Shameless