Saturday, June 25, 2005

Coming Attractions ...


1. What is your favorite action movie? - That's a hard one since I'm really not an action movie fan. I enjoyed Independence Day ... I guess that's action, right? Or is it more sci-fi? Alright ... wait, I know. Jurassic Park! Who didn't love watching the T-Rex traumatizing those whiney kids?

2. What is the worst movie you've ever seen? - As much as I love South Park, Team America was actually painful to watch. Have you seen it? I'm willing to admit that maybe I just totally didn't get it. But I turned it off after about 20 minutes ... cause I hadn't laughed ... and I didn't see it getting any better.

3. Do you prefer comedy or drama? - Definately comedy. Everybody needs a good laugh now and then. When you're down, doesn't Caddyshack totally fit the bill? "Be the ball ... na na na na na ..." I'm also a big Kevin Smith fan ... I could sit down and watch Clerks or any of the Jersey trilogy anytime of the day or night. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm the only human being besides Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes who laughed my ass off at Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

4. Recommend a good tear jerker: - Stepmom is fantastic for a good cry. When Susan Sarandon asks Ed Harris, "Why will it work with her ... when it couldn't work with us?" God, grab the Kleenex. The first time I watched it was with my oldest step-daughter, and she cried at the part when they talk to the kids about their dad getting remarried and the daughter cries, "Why would you ask me if it's okay to get married? Nobody asked me if it was okay for you to get divorced? Nobody ever asked me." I guess it touched us different ways ... but all in all, it was a great tear jerker.

5. What movie are you looking forward to seeing soon? - I've got two films I'm totally looking forward to this summer. War of the Worlds and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. War of the Worlds looks amazing ... and ... common, it's Johnny Depp as Willie Wonka? Does he not look creepy??? I can't wait!

Randal Graves:
Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"?
Dante Hicks:
"Empire".
Randal Graves:
Blasphemy!
Dante Hicks:
"Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off,
finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by
Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is,
a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.

Clerks

No comments:

Post a Comment