Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Broken on Christmas


It's because I bragged. Pride comes before the fall ... that's what my uber-religious aunt would say. And in this case, all I can guess is that she'd be right.

Around 9 a.m. this morning I bragged to (my ex-husband) that, according to the prescription label, I'd picked up my latest bottle of Darvoset back on December 2nd ... and I'd only used three of them so far since then. We talked about how great it was that the pain seemed to be getting better.

By ten a.m. the pain on my lower left side was back ... just a small dull ache that I pushed to the back of my mind. By the time Mom and I had lunch at noon, taking a pain pill had become unavoidable. But by the time 1:30 hit, it was awful ... even with the Darvoset.

So, once again I came home, laid on the couch as still as possible, and prayed for relief. I can't take another pill ... I did that once and practically fell into a coma for 16 hours. Basically, I've just gotta get through this.

Last week, I had outpatient surgery and they confirmed that IC (interstitial cystitis) isn't causing the pain. So, yet again, I know what this isn't ... but not what it is.

I'm down (I'm really down)
I'm down (Down on the ground)
I'm down (I'm really down)
How can you laugh when you know I'm down
(How can you laugh) When you know I'm down.

Beatles - I'm Down