Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year, New You - Courtesy of the Fiver


1. How will you be ringing in the New Year? - Probably a quiet night in. Maybe dinner and a rental? Hmmm, we're not very exciting people, huh? Well, the girls are old enough that they have plans with their friends ... so we've got the empty nest thing going on. It's not a bad thing ... after all, there's not enough money in the world to get my happy ass down to someplace as crazy as Times Square. I'll just watch the ball drop from the comfort of my living room, thanks.

2. How do you wish you were ringing in the New Year? - Honestly, I don't mind the quiet evenings we usually have. I can't drink anymore and I don't like hanging out in bars. Unfortunately, there aren't too many entertainment choices in our town that don't revolve around those two elements. I guess if I were going to change anything, I wouldn't mind spending the evening with another couple ... you know, just hanging out with friends? The only problem with that thought is that all our friends got divorced in the last year or so. So, I guess it's back to Family Video.

3. Do you have any traditions that you observe on New Year's Day intended to bring you luck for the upcoming year? - Well, we always have shrimp ... that's supposed to bring luck.

4. Do you make resolutions? Do you keep them? - Nope ... no more resolutions. I used to make them every year ... and usually broke each one before the week was out. Too much pressure. This year, I'm following the Tao of Earl ... I'm just trying to be a better person.

5. Would you ever have plastic surgery? - Would I have plastic surgery? Let me put it to you this way ... if I won the mega millions game tomorrow, I'd be unrecognizable by Easter. Honestly, I can't think of one body part I wouldn't have tweaked. Name something. Elbows? Okay, fine ... I like my elbows ... but EVERYTHING else goes.

Yesterday, today was tomorrow
And tomorrow, today will be yesterday
So ring out the old
Ring in the new
Ring out the old
Ring in the new
Ring out the false
Ring in the true
Ring out the old
Ring in the new

George Harrison - Ding Dong, Ding Dong