Monday, March 20, 2006

You Better Get A Bigger Gun ...


... I'm not dead yet. But sometimes it sure feels that way. (my ex-husband) asked me the other day if I realized it had been three months since I'd updated my blog. Three months? Three Months??? Sheesh.

It's not like it doesn't cross my mind. I see and hear things constantly and I'll think, "Man, I oughta blog about that." But I don't. A thousand reasons ... but mainly I don't seem to have the energy.

Today, for instance. I'm home sick from work so I caught the premiere episode of the new season of Surreal Life on VH1. I considered writing about what a nutball Tawny Kitaen seems to be ... and how strange it is that we've made a celebrity out of a woman whose only claim to fame is that she a) fucked a Robert Plant wannabe and b) had the physical agility to perform a lap dance on the roof of a car.

That's it, people! She didn't have a hit television show (like Sherman) or actually play in a band (like CC or Steve). She told Florence Henderson that she turned down Playboy because, according to Tawny's logic, it would make her look hypocritical to her daughter someday in the distance future if her daughter wanted to pose nude. Hey, good plan, Tawny. Unless your daughter decides she wants to be a starfucker like her mom ... then, I guess you're screwed.

So, I still have snarky thoughts and comments. I think I'm just trying to sort through stuff and it's hard to make myself post. But, I think it's good for my mental health to get some of this garbage out, I'm going to make an effort.

So, as David "Goddamn, I Shoulda Been in Zepplin" Coverdale would say ... here I go again.

I don't know where I'm goin
but I sure know where I've been
hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time
but here I go again, here I go again.

Whitesnake - Here I Go Again