1. What's missing from your life? - At the moment? Down time ... days when you can just relax. Don't get me wrong, I have "me" time. For instance, writing in this blog is "me" time. However, by doing this, I'm stealing time from things that have to be done. So, even when I'm "relaxing," I'm really stressed out of my gourd.
2. Do you like to get drunk? - Or ... asked another way ... would you like to have your kidneys hop right out of your body and dance around the room performing their own Las Vegas review of REM's, "Everybody Hurts?" Um ... no thanks ... gonna pass on that one. To clarify though, I don't care what anyone else does. It's a free country ... and back in the day, I would've happily joined you in mixed libation. Nowadays it's just a personal choice based on the PKD issue.
3. Have you ever kissed a stranger? - Good lord, no. You have to remember ... I grew up in the 80's. Between Sting lecturing us about nuclear proliferation, Nancy Reagan beating just say no into our heads, and public service announcements reminding us that we could all die of AIDS any minute, we woke up each morning with the bejesus already scared out of us. While television treated us to light, airy fare such as "The Day After," our parents were spending memorable childhood holidays warning us that every single stranger we saw was putting razor blades into our candy. Hell, we're lucky there's not an entire generation walking around in hazmat suits. Kiss a stranger? Of course not ... (I always asked their name first).
4. Do you smoke? - Or ... asked another way ... would you like to have your athsmatic lungs hop right out of your body and dance around the room performing their own Las Vegas review of The Supreme's, "Stop In The Name Of Love?" Hey folks! The joke so nice ... she told it twice! Same story, different chapter. Personally, no ... I don't smoke. I don't really care if you do ... however, I'd prefer there not be a cloud of second-hand smoke around my head.
5. What makes you happy? - (2012 Update: We're just going to pretend this wasn't a waste of time and energy and that I didn't buy into the lies and bullshit, okay? Okay ... moving on ...)
The best is yet to be
When our time has come
We will be as one
God bless our love
God bless our love
John Lennon - Grow Old With Me