Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's So True ...


Last night, (my ex-husband) and I were discussing what it was like getting older. He said that when he was growing up, he never wanted to be like his grandfather ... always talking about the "good old days." But now that he's older, he can't help feeling that way.

Likewise, I told him that when I was in high school, I thought I'd be the coolest mom ever. Hell, I listened to Ozzy and AC/DC ... I was never going to be one of those parents who hated their kid's choice in music. I liked all music. And, after all, what could they possibly come up with that was worse than Wasp? Then I got older ... and wiser ... and someone invented rap.

So this morning, (my ex-husband) shared this hilarious essay with me. It's currently a favorite with those who forward e-mails. However, in a cruel twist of fate, since I've threatened the life of everyone who's ever forward me crap ... I no longer get any viral videos or cool stuff like this.

So, if you're an 80's baby and you remember things like Jiffy Pop and Saturday morning cartoons ... check this out.

She hates time make it stop
When did Motley Crue become classic rock?
And when did Ozzy become an actor?
Please make this stop - stop
Stop!
And bring back
Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
Music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool
Cuz she's still preoccupied
With 1985

Bowling For Soup - 1985