Friday, April 21, 2006

When It All Comes Down To ...


1. When is the last time you were broke? - Well, you'll usually find I'm cash poor about the 12th of every month. I get my "mad" money on the 1st and, as much as I try to scrimp and save, I am usually broke mid-way into the second week. Sadly, I've already borrowed from next month to order a rare Pursuit of Happiness CD online ... so the funds will have to stretch even farther in May.

2. What makes you lose focus? - The internet ... or, more accurately, computers in general. It's a paradox ... I need a computer to get my job done ... but let's say I stop for a moment and open iTunes to add a couple songs to my iPod ... forget it, I'm lost for hours. Same thing surfing the internet. I went to Wikipedia this morning to look up a fact on the Chicago Cubs ... one link led to another ... which led to another ... next thing I know I'm reading about Morganna the Kissing Bandit. The fog clears and I think, "What the HELL?

3. How tall are you? - I am [hangs head in shame] 5'2". Our family tree tends to grow in two directions ... one side is ginormous, running well over six foot. Those of us on the other side of the tree? We're the size of yard gnomes. In the crap shoot of genetics, I literally got the short end of the stick.

4. Are you brave or cowardly? - OMIGOD ... I bet (my ex-husband) would love to answer this one for me. I have, what we jokingly refer to as, an "inner chicken." The inner chicken is what stops you from acting out, telling people off, or generally coming unglued. Without the inner chicken, you are uninhibited and adventurous ... with the inner chicken you are plagued with self doubt and worry. Years ago, my inner chicken was really just a small, yellow peeper ... easily ignored. Now my inner chicken is roughly the size of a Lincoln Navigator. At this rate, when I'm in my late forties, my inner chicken will be knocking over buildings in midtown Manhattan.

5. What's in your pocket? - Two quarters, four dimes, five nickels, an empty pep-o-mint wrapper, a small folded piece of tape, and my iPod ... which is currently cued up to play I'm Alright by Kenny Loggins. Now, please excuse me ... I must gopher dance ...

I'm alright
Nobody worry 'bout me
Why you got to gimme a fight?
Can't you just let it be?

Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright