Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Good Day Sunshine ...


Well, looking back over my last few posts, I can see that I've spread enough doom and gloom for this year. So, I'm just going to celebrate my blessings for the time being ... and whatever storm is brewing on the horizon, I'll just have to deal with it when or if it blows in.

The girls made it an amazing Mother's Day ... streamers, balloons, a cake ... and a beautiful gift. Mother ThirtyWhat even chilled out ... so things weren't quite as stressful as I'd anticipated. The girls even brought tears to my eyes with an anniversary gift straight out of a fairy tale. Just in case I didn't say it enough ... thank you so much.

Then yesterday morning, Mother ThirtyWhat, Brother ThirtyWhat and I had an appointment with Brian from Vancil's Funeral Home for Mom to pre-arrange her funeral. Honestly, it was not fun. However, Brian is amazingly considerate and helpful ... and, in the long run when that sad day comes, having this step completed will make life much easier for me. If you ever have the need of that type of service, please consider calling Brian at Vancil's. I can't begin to tell you how good they are at what they do.

And, to put the cherry on top, I took the final exam for my class yesterday afternoon and got 100% on it. The made my class percentage 95% ... which will add another A to my transcript. The moment I hit "submit" on the exam and read the results ... I got this indescribable feeling. It was like I was high. The weight lifted from my shoulders. I was light as air ... all my stress and anxiety had disappeared.

Of course nothing lasts forever ... and when I came into work today I found that my team leader is literally not speaking to me. There's nothing that enhances the work environment quite like open hostility.

But ... like I said ... whatever clouds may be on the horizon, I'm not going to obsess about it. I'm going to take this little patch of happiness that I've found, cultivate it, and try to make it grow.

Sounds of laughter shades of life
Are ringing through my open ears
Exciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which
Shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe

The Beatles - Across The Universe