Monday, July 24, 2006

At The End Of The Day ...


Sometimes people let you down. Family ... friends ... co-workers ... nobody's perfect and it's bound to happen now and again. But it's a shock ... and it's very draining. Especially when you think you know someone ... only to find out that you didn't.

At thirtysomething years of age, you'd think I'd be past spilling tears over something as simple as words ... but maybe you never are. Maybe I'll be sitting in a nursing home at seventysomething crying because someone hurt my feelings. It's probably just the way life is ... but it certainly isn't something to look forward to.

In the end ... you live ... you learn. And at this moment, I'm just looking forward to a quiet evening at home. And tommorrow I'll wake up the same person I am today ... only a little more cautious ... and a little more jaded.


If you search for tenderness
It isn't hard to find
You can have the love you need to live
But if you look for truthfulness
You might just as well be blind
It always seems to be so hard to give

Billy Joel - Honesty