Sunday, September 10, 2006

Travel Update - Part 1


And it just keeps getting better. While it's sunny and beautiful here in Springfield, apparently there's just a shitstorm up in Chicago. So, my 12:15 flight has now been delayed again ... this time we're looking at 3:45. They try to cheer us by saying that flight issues can change at a moment's notice ... and at any minute the FAA may tell us to head on up. Yeah ... I'll believe it when I see it.

On a brighter note, I'm now sitting in the "business" area of Capital Airport ... and damn, is it nice. Along with wi-fi, I've got a big, comfy chair ... similar to what Barnes & Noble used to have ... and a lovely Frank-Loyd-Wright-looking lamp next to me. And, if things keep going the way they have been, I'll be able to see that lamp in action tonight.

Earlier, when (my ex-husband) and I were in the general area, we were playing the "Lost" game. You're getting on an airplane ... what characters are around you? Well, now I'm alone and this game is surprisingly entertaining.

Locke is sitting in a chair across from me. He's got a small red and white igloo cooler with him ... and I've been sitting here imagining what he might be transporting. A liver? A kidney? A sandwich? That'd be nice ... cause ... I'm kinda hungry right now.

Rose and her husband are to my left. She's dozing in one of the comfy chairs ... he's been on his cell phone for the past 45 minutes. I'm not exaggerating. For some reason, watching him blather on and on made me think of the Stephen King novel, "Cell" ... but then that started creeping me out so I got the laptop back out.

Libby is going through security now ... and Boone is right behind her. I thought I saw Hurley earlier in a Hawaiian shirt ... but he got on a different flight. I haven't seen Anna Lucia yet ... which is a good thing cause I hate that bitch.

And what does all this make me? Kate? Well, I am hiding my secret ThirtyWhat identity ... but otherwise, naw. Claire? I'm too old. Sun? I'm too mouthy. OMIGOD ... maybe I'm Hurley! Anybody got any ranch dressing?


You all everybody
You all everybody
Acting like it's stupid people
Wearing expensive clothes

Driveshaft - You All Everybody