Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blogger's Block vs. Blogger's Funk


June 20th. That would make this ... almost a month. Gosh, I wish I had something amazing to share. Like ...

"I didn't post on my blog because I won the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes! Or ... "I didn't post on my blog because I was abducted by aliens and taken away to a galaxy inhabited by giant marshmallow peeps the size of Oldsmobiles." But no ... my boring ass just has to admit that I was in a funk and couldn't bring myself to hit that "publish" button. Oh, I've had plenty to say.

Back around the 4th, I practically wrote a novel based on how I should have the God-given right to blow my fingers off while shooting bottle rockets in my back yard.

I also wrote a long missive about this couple in Walmart who must've traveled forward in time from some 1950's-era Soviet block country because they were in awe of every item on the shelf. "RANCH flavored Doritos?" "Wait ... orange juice ... without PULP?" Guess there must be some powerful weed goin' round.

I also wrote a sonnet based on the fact that chocolate-covered PayDay bars are a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy. But ... that's another story.

In any case, I'm back. And I missed you guys ...

I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again
I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again

Aerosmith - Back In the Saddle Again

No comments:

Post a Comment