Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party ...


Scranton, Pennsylvania is set to host the first annual "Office Convention" ... a party celebrating NBC's quirky hit television show. There will be a character lookalike contest, appearances by cast and crew, and an "Office Olympics." My only regret is that I won't be there to see the flying of the paper doves.

Unfortunately, it looks like the main characters (Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer) won't be attending. But, cheer up, Office fans ... it's only a matter of time. Leonard Nemoy didn't attend the first Star Trek Convention either. In ten years, there will be "Office Conventions" across the country and Raine Wilson will make a comfortable living simply by showing up, acting odd, and blurting out classic Dwight phrases like, "I never let anyone walk behind me. Seven out of ten attacks are from the rear."

They have convention passes for every budget ... from the $25 "Intern Pass" to the $50 "Assistant to the Regional Manager Pass" ... all the way up to the $100 "Regional Manager Pass" or the "$250 Corporate Pass." If you shell out the big bucks, you're guaranteed to see:

Leslie David Baker - Stanley
Andy Buckley - David Wallace From Corporate
Brian Baumgartner - Kevin
Creed Bratton - Creed
Kate Flannery - Meredith
Melora Hardin - Jan
Ed Helms - Andy
Mindy Kaling - Kelly
Angela Kinsey - Angela
Paul Lieberstein - Toby
Oscar Nunez - Oscar
Craig Robinson - Darryl From The Warehouse
Bobby Ray Shafer - Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration
Phyllis Smith - Phyllis

Although I'm sure in real life, the actors are both wonderful human beings, I don't think I'd pay to see David Wallace or Bob Vance ... but hanging out with Toby, Kevin, and Creed? Now that would be priceless ...

Be sure to tune into the Today Show on Friday. The festivities begin when Al Roker broadcasts live from the University of Scranton. Wonder if Andy will sing any Abba?

If you change your mind
I'm the first in line
Honey I'm still free
Take a chance on me
If you need me, let me know
Gonna be around
If you've got no place to go
If you're feeling down

Abba - Take A Chance On Me

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:22 PM

    See more John Krasinski along with other celebs at http://youtube.com/watch?v=1s-mEfhVELM

    ReplyDelete