Friday, December 07, 2007

And The Journey Is Pretty Nice ...


So, I pulled back the curtain around 7:00 last night ... and I was a kid all over again. Seeing that blanket of snow falling down ... the ground all covered in white. Even a relatively crappy neighborhood like mine suddenly looks ... well, it looks alright.

My neighbor's husband and son suprised us by scooping our drive and walk. You have to realize ... this, in itself, is a Christmas miracle. My relationship with his wife has been ... strained ... at best. I'm still scratching my noggin trying to find a way to repay his kindness ...

And with that ... for the moment ... all is right with the world. The house is decorated ... there are gifts under the tree ... and our cards are signed, stamped, and ready to go.

There will always be conflict ... obstacles to overcome. There will always be a dishwasher to empty or a bill to pay ... that's just life. But sometimes you can step back and say, "Wow, this moment is pretty good."

It's not the destination after all ... it's the journey.

Deep inside my heart there's a glow
All of a sudden it's starting to snow

Brian Wilson - On Christmas Day

No comments:

Post a Comment