Friday, August 01, 2008

I Watched It Fall In Bullet-Time ...

What's going on with ThirtyWhat, you ask? ThirtyWhat has experienced a crushing blow which has caused her to develop, along with an apparent compulsion to speak in the third person, a neurotic aversion to touching electronic devices. What has happened?


This, my friends, is what happens when you drop a laptop from a height of about three feet. The problem, I believe, was not so much the height ... as was the corner of the coffee table it struck on the way down. What's that? You'd like a closer look? Of course.


Oh yes ... it looks like someone popped a cap in it's proverbial ass. And what is worse than this devastating accident ... is the cost to fix it. The estimate to repair my laptop, including a new LCD screen, labor, taxes, etc. is around $380. That's right ... nearly $400 for a split-second mistake.

And so, the moral of this story ... be sure your hands are dry before you pick up anything expensive. Damp or sweaty hands can be all that stands between you, your blog, and a computer repair bill that is worth approximately half the value of your item. It is, truly, enough to make me cry.


Wake up to a Sunny Day
Not a cloud up in the sky
And then it starts to rain
My defenses hit the ground
And they shatter all around
So open and exposed
But I found strength in the struggle
Face to face with my troubles

Lindsey Haun - Broken