Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Have Been Abducted ... by Facebook ...


Oh, yeah, it's official ... I am hooked. I haven't twittered ... I haven't blogged ... but I've updated my Facebook status an average of three times per day. Whoa ... it's like looking up and my head clearing from a fog ...

What all has happened since I've been gone? Let's see ...

We have a new President-elect, for whom I'm proud to say I voted. For once in a long while, I'm finally looking forward to the new year.

Our girl who moved to Orlando last year flew home to visit. The fun and sun and hard work look amazing on her ... she was healthy, happy, and beautiful. It was great having her back home.

We watched College One march in her last football game on Senior Weekend. It was sentimental and sweet ... but it was also under 30 degrees so I couldn't cry for fear of my tear ducts freezing over.

Our daughter in the Theatre Department took us to see a Halloween night performance of "Dracula." Amazing costumes ... makes my fingers ache just thinking about the sewing that went into Dracula's cape. Seriously, you wouldn't have seen better costuming in a film.

Our governor was arrested and, as much as I'd like to feign shock or surprise ... I expected as much. I'm just shocked there isn't video of him flinging poo ... I mean, this guy is only a few steps removed from being bat-shit crazy.

I've decorated the house for Christmas. Have I mentioned I love Christmas so much?! It looks like someone carpet-bombed lights around my home ... and it cheers me up every time I walk through the front door.

I have a new show. I picked up the first season DVD set for "Mad Men" at Lincoln Library. Wow ... it started out kinda slow but I love the character development. I can't wait to find out why Don/Dick changed his identity. If you haven't watched this series, check it out. Look for episode seven, "Red In The Face." It was amazing. I've never eaten an oyster; however, this episode has guaranteed I never will.

Hmmmm, this post is a lot like those lame Christmas letters, isn't it? The ones you inevitably get from families members who are so distant that you don't know, or care, what's happened to them over the course of the last year? Well in that same spirit, that about wraps it up for the ThirtyWhat clan. Have a glass of eggnog for me ... oh, and don't forget to watch Christmas Vacation at least once before the 25th!


Where do you think you're going?
Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun,
old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no.
We're all in this together. This is a full-blown,
four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on,
and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas
since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye.

Clark Griswold - Christmas Vacation