Friday, January 09, 2009

An Open Letter to Governor Blagojevich ...


Dear Governor Blagojevich:

I'm sorry. There must've been a miscommunication. We (and when I say "we" I actually mean "some Illinoisans who were not from Sangamon County") elected you to be governor of Illinois ... not governor of Cook County.

I know, I know ... it's confusing. Since you chose not to re-locate to the capital city, and since you choose to fly here when necessary, you may not be aware of the cities and towns and villages between Chicagoland and ... oh, I don't know ... the rest of the State of Illinois.

However, now that you understand that there are 101 other counties in the State of Illinois, perhaps you can start listing the initiatives that you've supported that have helped the citizens south of I-80.

There is a reason you've been impeached by the State House of Representatives. Let me assure you that it is not because members of the House would like people to be foreclosed upon. It also isn't because they are unconcerned about breast and cervical cancer. Reading your "accomplishment report" on national television did nothing to erase the unethical, dishonorable stain you've left on our state.

I do have one question for you, Governor. If you are so concerned about children and their health care needs, why did you try to shake down the Children's Memorial Hospital of Chicago? I think we needed to hear the answer to that question much more than we needed to listen to you read Tennyson.

Signed,
ThirtyWhat
Citizen of The Once and Future Great State of Illinois

PS - I think I found a more suitable Tennyson for you. This one's on me ... you're welcome.

Beautiful city, the centre and crater of European confusion,
O you with your passionate shriek for the rights of an equal humanity,
How often your Re-volution has proven but E-volution
Roll’d again back on itself in the tides of a civic insanity!

Lord Alfred Tennyson - Beautiful City

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Johann stands and applauds.

    Beautifully written, 30.

    ReplyDelete