Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tick Tock ...


Today is the day ... I hope.

(my ex-husband) is having his PET scan even as I type. Our daughter is texting me updates ... he's been injected with the chemical, he'll sit for 60 minutes while his body absorbs it, then it will take around 30 minutes to take the necessary scans.

He's nervous ... she's nervous ... I'm nervous ... our daughter at home is nervous ... we're just one big ball of nerves. But we meet with the radiologist today at 2 p.m. to get the results and discuss his treatment options.

I have a co-worker whose husband is battling cancer and she's been helping me ... answering questions ... letting me know what to expect. She says the radiologist will sit with us and tell us all our treatment options ... then tell us what he recommends. You know what? At this point, I want him to just tell us what to do. I don't want to make any decisions. We'll do whatever it takes to cure this.

Four hours until the appointment ... this will be the longest four hours of my life ...

Don't put your head on my shoulder
Sink me in a river of tears
This could be the best place yet
But you must overcome your fears

Culture Club - Time