Friday, January 21, 2011

Life Is Bigger ...


We found out this morning that my uncle passed away. It's such a terribly sad thing. He had a sudden, massive heart attack Wednesday morning around 3 a.m. ... and the hospital only gave him 48 hours ... just enough time to gather the family.

This branch of my family tree is in Champaign ... so we don't see each other very often. I rode over with my Mom to visit with them last year and I spent the whole day catching up with my aunt and uncle and my cousin. And even though I'm not very fond of that cousin, I do feel terribly for her ... I went through the loss of my Dad five years ago and it breaks my heart to know she's going through it now.

Life is so short ... everything can be fine one moment ... then the world shifts on it's axis the next. Tell the people you love how much you care ... because you just never know.


That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no I've said too much
I haven't said enough
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

REM - Losing My Religion