Sunday, December 30, 2012

Okay, But I Still Want Bacon ...


So I woke up this morning really energized ... craving everything.  I want bacon (no no ... real bacon ... the pork product) ... I want chocolate milk ... I want to go to a movie ... I want a vanilla bean frappachino ... I kinda want a taco!  Ugh!  It's ridiculous ...
 
On one hand, there's the "I'm an adult" argument that says ... I have cash on me ... I have a car with a full gas tank ... and I'm an adult.  If I want these things, I can get dressed, fill my purse with bacon and tacos and go to any movie if I want.
 
On the other hand, there's the "I'm an adult" argument that says ... Jesus Christ get a hold of yourself, woman.   Have a little self restraint.  You don't need bacon ... you don't need a taco ... and there's nothing good at the movie theater right now ... so sit your ass at home.
 
Ugh ... fine.  Being a responsible adult blows.  Mom's still sick so I picked up her prescriptions after I went grocery shopping.  I'm making her some comfort food ... a pan of tater tot casserole is baking as we speak.  As soon as it's done, I'll drop those things off ... and then ...
 
Then I have a hot date.  A date that involves me, a hot shower, my big, comfy bed, and a brand new Blu-Ray of Firefly ... and if that isn't a nerdgasm, I don't know what is ...
 
Well, I don't hate my parents
I don't get drunk just to spite them
I've got my own reasons to drink now
Think I'll call my dad up and invite him
I can sleep in till noon anytime I want
Though there's not many days that I do
Gotta get up and take on that world
When you're an adult it's no cliche it's the truth
 
Pursuit of Happiness - I'm an Adult Now