Monday, December 31, 2012

Anti-Resolutions - Version 5.0 ...

 
Wow ... how time flies, huh?   I don't think I've done this for a couple of years.  Things got so muddled ... but you know what?  It doesn't matter.  Today is New Year's Eve and it's time to celebrate new beginnings!

Anyone who's read this blog before knows I don't do the whole "New Year's Resolution" thing.  If you're a new visitor ... here are a few examples of rantings past that may enlighten you ...
 
2005 Anti-Resolutions
2006 Anti-Resolutions
2007 Anti-Resolutions

The Tao of ThirtyWhat is basically this ... declaring that you're changing your life and giving up this or taking up that is a sure fire scenario for failure and the inevitable guilt that follows.  I want to be better at waking up in the morning ... I want to lose weight ... I want to fix that goddamned wall in my foyer. All of those items need to be addressed ... but why do I need to start them January 1st? Why not the 3rd ... or the 13th?
 
I'm all about the Anti-Resolutions ... the little things that make life worth living. Look around you ... there are amazing things happening daily that we don't notice because the grind of life weighs us down.  And, with that in mind, here are my "Anti-Resolutions" for 2013 ...
 
Little Things That Make My Life Worth Living
In No Particular Order
 
1. Hearing the little "ding" that means  it's my
turn in Words With Friends
2. Getting a text message from my best friend
3. Bacon
4. Having my very own Netflix account
5. Watching a movie and having some pizza ... very casual
6. Wearing contact lenses
7. Grape Fanta Lip Balm
 8. Dancing in my seat as I drive ... to any Maroon 5 song
9. Trivia nights with my friends
10. Hanging out with the girls
 
Those are only a few ... but there are hundreds more ... from taking a hot shower ... to sleeping on fresh sheets ... to laughing until my stomach hurts ... to losing my breath ...
 
So ... what makes your life worth living?
 
... and Happy New Year's Eve ... may 2013 be amazing!
 
Woke up on the right side of the bed
What's up with this Prince song inside my head?
Hands up if you're down to get down tonight
Cuz it's always a good time.

Owl City - Good Time