Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's the Little Victories ...

 
So, after turning into a morose motherfucker for 24 hours ... I say we go back to the lighter side of life, shall we?
 
Today was my appointment with the cardiologist.  I did my taxes earlier this week and found out I was getting a smallish amount back ... and decided that the universe was telling me that, since money wasn't an issue, I should get the test done.  

But ... good news!  Dr. Ahmed says I'm doing well ... that he's pleased with my numbers.  He's going to send the original images down to Barnes and see if they can work with those instead of the copies ... and. if they can't, we'll discuss doing the test again in August.  For now ... it's all good.
 
So ... I'm in a happy place.  I came home and took a short nap, shoveled the steps and the walk, and then took the hottest shower imaginable.  I'm gonna sit here ... relax ... listen to the sleet hitting the windows ... and watch the end of Chasing Amy ... again.
Some days, we just have to enjoy the little victories ...
 
She's your girlfriend, seems she ain't too fond of me
I guess if that's the way it was meant to be
There we were, just we three
You, your girlfriend, and me
Soul Asylum - We 3