Friday, February 01, 2013

That Shit Is Vile ...


Well, crap ... now what?

First things this morning, I got a call from the cardiologist's office.  I was hoping they were just calling to re-schedule my appointment ... but no luck.

Dr. Ahmed sent dozens of images to Barnes in St. Louis a month or two ago.  They are trying to decide whether or not to do surgery to close the PFO in my heart.  But as luck would have it, Barnes came back this morning and said the images aren't clear enough.  They want more ...

Ugh ... so, my cardiologist wants to re-do the test.  Here's the thing ... this test involves drinking a cup of this thick, viscous liquid to numb your throat ... then they knock you out ... then they stick a tube down your throat to get pictures of the back of the heart, and presumably, the hole.

What don't I like about this?   I don't know ... everything.

Let's start with drinking that shit ... it's awful.   And the thought of being knocked out again?  That's not especially awesome.   And then there's the cost ... that's not a load of fun.

And is it even necessary?   I mean ... if I went through all it ... and then Barnes said, "No, the hole isn't big enough ... we'll just leave it there," then I've gone through all this for nothing.  But the flip side of the coin isn't fantastic either ... because if I take the test and they do decide it's serious, then I have to have surgery.   It's pretty much lose lose either way.

Crap on a cracker ...

You know what?  It's Friday. I'm just gonna enjoy the weekend ... and I'll think about this next week ...

Then I saw red
When I opened up the door
I saw red
Heart just spilled on to the floor
And I didn't need to see his face
I saw yours
I saw red then I closed the door
I don't think I'm gonna love you anymore  

Warrant - I Saw Red