Saturday, February 02, 2013

One Year Ago ...

 

Wow ... I just give up.   I've tried to write a post off and on all day today ... and I just can't do it.  
 
I had a dream last night.  You know ... one of those dreams ... it's embarrassing.   I'm distracted and maybe a little floaty.  I can't write anything that either a) makes sense or b) is suitable for public consumption.

So let's just go with something short and simple, kay?

One year ago tonight (give or take a day), my friends talked me into going out with them on a Friday night ... which was a new thing for me. I was separated and I'd given up on the idea that things were ever going to get better. It wasn't the lowest moment ... but it was close.
 
A lot of things can change in a year ...
 
Tonight we'll be going back to the same restaurant.  I'll laugh and smile with the same group of friends ... although ... I guess the friendship is a little different this time.   I'll smile a little more.  No, make that a lot more. We'll be going to trivia ... at the same hotel.  Although this time, I'll stay the for the whole thing.  And this year we'll win
 
Oh ... and I won't be answering my phone.  For any reason ... at all.  

See ... I do learn ...
 
I still don't know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets
Every time I thought I'd got it made
It seemed the taste
was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But I've never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I'm much too fast to take that test
 
David Bowie - Changes