Sunday, March 03, 2013

Is It Time To Go Back To Work Yet ...

 
 
So ... my cloudy weekend started Friday evening.   Friday evening, I found my first gray hair ... not even gray ... pure, fucking snow white.   Just one.  Mom surprised me by unceremoniously ripping it out of my head ... which wasn't super ... but at least it was gone.    But that one ... stupid ... fucking hair was enough.   It sent me into this spiral.   I felt old ... and stupid ... and sad ...

And then ... after an amazingly awesome day ... then last night ... a friend asked a question.   Thank goodness, before I could answer ... she said she'd already asked someone else the same question.   His answer wasn't what mine would've been.   But that's okay ... better to know, I suppose ...
 
So ... my cloudy weekend can end.   I've slept most of today ... and I'm ready for it to just be over.  I'd rather be back at work ... which, given the state of my office, is really saying something.
 
Love writes a letter and sends it to hate.
My vacations ending. I'm coming home late.
The weather was fine and the ocean was great
and I can't wait to see you again.     
The Avett Brothers - The Ballad of Love and Hate