Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Time Got Away From Me ...



I'm gonna blame the time change on this one.  I feel like I'm losing time ... which makes no sense because it stays light so much later these days.  Tonight, once again, it's seven o'clock and I'm just now unwinding.  True, I've been running errands in the afternoon ... and yesterday I went to the hospital to visit Tom after work ... so I understand that I'm not coming straight home.  And yes ... today I did get sucked into the Notebook somehow.  But still ... to look at the clock and see that it's 6:50 already is disheartening.

I did get some interesting news yesterday.   A friend of mine who transferred to Washington, D.C. a few years ago may be working in our office for a week in June.   I offered to let her stay with me ... and she's so happy she's beside herself.  She wants to make up for all the time we couldn't spend together when she lived here ... which, I must admit, is a frightening proposition.   I'm all about getting pedicures together ... and going out to eat ... and having girls nights in ... ordering pizza.  I'm not all about body shots and going out dancing all night.  Those days are long gone.  I'm hoping married life has tamed her ... if not we're going to have to find a happy medium between my pedicure/dinner out ... and her reenactment of Caligula.
 
Oh, what a feeling!
When we're dancing on the ceiling
The room is hot...that's good
Some of my friends came
By from the neighbourhood
People were starting
To climb the walls
Ooh, it looks like everybody
Is having a ball

Lionel Richie - Dancing on the Ceiling

No comments:

Post a Comment