Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happy Happy Happy ...


Well, he texted me this afternoon ... which I guess means he didn't choose the "erase every memory I have of her" option ... so ... winning!

My guy went with me last night and met my family ... and other than the typical chaos and ubiquitous talk of poop ... it went pretty well.  Oh yeah, there was that face plant I took into the table about three minutes after we arrived ... Jesus, could I be less graceful?   But if we overlook the loud conversations and humiliating header ... I'd say it was successful.  Although, let's be honest ... for me ... anything that didn't involve the words, "Well, this has been fun ..." was going to be counted as a success.

The word is out ... the family loves him.  I woke up when the phone rang at 8:30 this morning with the news.  The phone lines were burning up with gossip last night and apparently the final verdict is a resounding, "Bring him back!"  In fact, Mom called this morning to tell me she felt awful ... she forgot to hug him goodbye at the end of the evening.  I pointed out she also forgot to hug me ... and she said, "I hug you all the time ... you're fine ..."  Wow, thanks, Mom ...

And so ... I need to catch up on my sleep.  There's tired ... then there's whatever this is.  I think it's a close cousin to "falling into a coma."  Tomorrow ...  I start Phase 2 on the house.  But tonight ... I'll sleep very soundly ... with a contented little smile on my face ...

Stacy's mom has got it goin' on
She's all I want and I've waited for so long
Stacy, can't you see you're just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong but I'm in love with Stacy's mom
Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment